October 18, 2011 – Council Highlights
Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville Council Highlights – October 18, 2011
111 Sandiford Drive, Stouffville
- Mayor Wayne Emmerson asks for a moment of silence for the passing of former Whitchurch-Stouffville mayor Eldred King. Emmerson calls King “instrumental to our community” and he always “had his heart in Whitchurch-Stouffville.”
- Staff presented a status update on the Municipal Drinking Water Licence.
Reports on the Consent Agenda Requiring Separate Discussion:
- MUNICIPAL DRINKING WATER LICENCE STATUS - carried with discussion
- DEMOLITION REQUEST OF A HERITAGE INTEREST DWELLING AT 6518 MAIN STREET - carried without discussion
- CLOSED MEETING INVESTIGATOR’S REPORT REGARDING COMPLAINT ABOUT NORTH SHORE ROADS COMMITTEE MEETING AND REVISIONS TO THE PROCEDURAL BY-LAW FOR ADVISORY COMMITTEES - carried without discussion
- TAX ADJUSTMENTS PURSUANT TO THE MUNICIPAL ACT, 2001, SECTION 357 and 358 - carried without discussion
- AWARD OF CONTRACT FOR TOWN INSURANCE PROVIDER – JOINT NORTHERN SIX MUNICIPALITIES (N6) OF YORK REGION RFP - carried without discussion
- PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO A DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT, 911 INVESTMENTS LTD., PART OF LOT 8 CONCESSION 9 (L04) - carried without discussion
- PROPOSED “HOUSEKEEPING” AMENDMENTS TO COMPREHENSIVE ZONING BY-LAW 2010-001-ZO - carried with discussion
- STATUS OF THE MUSEUM EXPANSION PROJECT - carried with discussion
Outside Resolutions – Request for Endorsment:
- MADD Canada, Ontario Public Health Association, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health - not carried with discussion; motion to receive request carried with discussion.
- Town of Innisfil - not carried with discussion; motion to receive request carried with discussion.