The official guide, powered by On the Road magazine


The Lemonville community, located south of Bloomington Road on McCowan Road, was named after George Lemon, who received his land grant here in 1805. A boot and shoe factory, cabinet makers, carriage works, woollen mills and a shoe repair shop were all part of the thriving village. In 1871, the Toronto and Nipissing Railway came to Stouffville and bypassed Lemonville. A post office was established here in 1852 and was closed in 1937.