The official guide, powered by On the Road magazine


Ringwood was settled by the Fockler family in the late 1790s at the four corners of Markham Road and Stouffville Road. Nicknamed “Circle City” by the locals, the community was originally divided between two townships: Markham and Whitchurch. A post office was established there in 1857 and was closed in 1975. The hamlet of Ringwood is expected to expand over the next few years with development projects.